Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Nokia Care sucks !

"It takes years to get a customer, and seconds to loose one"

Nokia customer care centre at Infantry Road, Bangalore stands tall amidst the other customer care centres.You want to know why? Read on....

To start Nokia being the number 1 in India, most of the bakras purchase Nokia fones. The Services. Wow! Nothing to speak about it. The best description about their care is **BullShit**.

Let me explain my experience with them On the 10-July-2006 (Tuesday), the ill-fated day, I get properly drenched till the second layer of my skin while driving to my office from home. I reach office and find my mobile totally wet and non-functional. As per my friends suggestion I open up my mobile and keep it for drying but later also I find that my mobile is totally dead.

On the 12-July (Thursday), I went to the Nokia authorised customer care centre at Infantry Road, Bangalore. The security at the ground floor asked me to go to the first floor. I entered into the first floor at around 7.15 pm. The security at the reception gave me a token number. The room had a partition with a glass. On one side there was three rows of chairs for the customers to wait and on the other side of the glass was the customer support executives sitting with a computer on their table and calling the token number sequentially via the electronic machine. There were four counters but only two counters were having the executives. I waited patiently for my token number to be announced. After a long wait of around 45 minutes, my token number was called. I went to the counter and gave my mobile and explained the problem. The executive sitting was also a mallu guy and he gave the million dollar smile and said that they cannot guarantee of making it serviceable (I remembered the usual dialogue in bollywood movies "Ab upparwala hi kuch kar sakta hai"). He made a job sheet and said that they will carry out the initial inspection and inform me about it within 5 days. There will be a service fee of Rs 56/- irrespective of whether the instument works or not. I agreed for everything and came back home with a positive hope.

For the next 5 days I waited patiently for a phone call from the customer support but to my disappointment, I did not receive any call. They had mentioned a toll free number that was not at all working. There is another mobile number that was mentioned on the jobsheet which did not exist at all. I then tried the website to track the status of my mobile, but the site was also down.

On 24-July morning at 11.00 am I went directly to the customer care centre. I went directly to the first floor and I was surprised to see the crowd there. There was nobody to guide me where I had to contact and inquire about my handset. I went to the security guard and he asked me to check with the cashier. I noticed that instead of two male customer support executives as on the other day, three female executives were at the counter. Anyhow I went in and met the lady at the cashier counter, without looking at me she just took the jobsheet from me and started going through her records. She checked three register and asked me to go to the second floor which is their stores and despatch section.

Climbing the stairs I entered the second floor. The security guard at the door asked me to get a token from downstairs. I went to first floor to collect token but they informed that I had to collect a different token from the ground floor. I came down and the lady sitting at the counter ground floor (For your information the counter is nothing but two chairs and a table with computer and a printer occupied by two female representatives under the staircase) verified something over her computer and gave me a token. Token number 62. Our of curiousity I asked her if my handset has been repaired, she replied that you need to check at the second floor.

I went to second floor and again waited there for another half an hour for my number to be called. I saw that many annoyed customers were shouting at the counter. My number was then displayed on the electronic machine and I rushed to the counter. A lady at counter took the jobsheet from me and and handed it over to another assistant. I was eagerly waiting to hear about the status of my mobile phone but to my surprise for 20 minutes I was kept standing at the counter. I did not ask or loose my patience with the representative as many other customers were already on that job. After half an hour the assistant handed over my jobsheet and told me poiltely that the mobile is not ready and I can collect it the next day at 11.30am. I was speechless....is this what they call world class customer service. I asked the person if there is any scope of getting the mobile repaired. And the reply that I received would have made anybody faint. He said "Sir, the person who is incharge of repairing your mobile is on leave today, and we are unable to locate the instrument". I did not speak a word and came out of the place.

25th July morning 11.00 am , I again went to the office. By now I was well aware of the formalities, I took the token from the counter, went to the despatch section waited for another 45 minutes for my token number to be called. My token number was called....went to the counter...gave the jobsheet....she gave that to another assistant.....after around 15 minutes my mobile came to the counter...the representative told me with a gentle smile that "Sir, this mobile cannot be repaired as everything is destroyed and is beyond repair". He made me sign on some register and papers and asked me to pay Rs 56/- at cashier counter and collect the mobile. I have to go to the cashier pay the cash & return to the despatch section & pick my mobile! And I was really surprised to find that cashier counter is on the other floor from the despatch section!! Oh My! Why would their be a cashier unless you need to pay to take your mobile from despatch section? But still cashier is faaaaaaaaaaaaar way from the despatch section. Pathetic design.

Upon reaching cashier, I was not surprised to find that nobody existed there. Well, Nokia has given me enough surprises to last a life time. After sometime the lady cashier came to the counter, I paid the service fee. She gave the print command on her computer for the receipt of fee and here comes the next surprise..PRINTER IS NOT WORKING..She did try some simple methods to start the printer but it was continously getting struck. At last she wrote something on the jobsheet and asked me to show this at despatch section to collect my instrument. I went to the despatch section, showed the jobsheet and got my non-functional, dead instrument. (I remember the scene from the bollywood movie 'Saraansh' where anupam kher tries to get his son's dead body from the airport authorities). At last after wasting many hours of my life I could get my Nokia phone back...My friends asked me why I did not shout and blast on them? Becoz there was....
.......this lady who had been standing (*like a punished school gal*) near the executive for over 5hrs
..........this guy over there had been holding his laptop & his Nokia N90 mobile from before I came in
..........this fatty out here has been waiting to find out where has here mobile battery vanished
.........this old man standing next to me having trouble in finding out atleast some entity to hear his complaint
..........three guys who are comming for the 4th time to get a replacement for their Nokia 6600 that had software problems within a week of its purchase
.......a college going student who was continously asking why nobody is available at the customer support number mentioned on the jobsheet
........and all the helpless guys who had bought the Nokia mobile and were waiting patiently outside the counter for their token number to be called.

In short, Nokia Care sucks.....

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sudhi... before going there to that customer support, you could have asked me for once.. hahahahah.. I would have stopped you from getting drenched with ur sweat waiting for hours together there....:-)

11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sudhi,
I really feel sad to hear your story, but not surprised with the customer service. As a mobile technician I know very well it could have been repaired. But you know all are dumb heads seated there in the customer service who are fit for nothing and always ready with their bullshit answers and excuses.

4:47 AM  
Blogger Madhu said...

Ohh shoot...really?
That's like 0sigma efficiency! :)

1:53 PM  
Blogger manoj said...

Sudhi,

mazaa aaya kya!
how is ur mobile now after the horrifying exp at nokia care. Any way i''ll be careful bfore visiting the nokia care.

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very rightly put, this Nokia care center is worse then a railway station, stuffy without AC, and sad staff who have made mocary of the world class claim of Nokia, it is a chaos divided into 3 floors, tokens, and a waiting list of not less then 150-200 people. Time taken to get any repair done, not less then 1 month. Beware of this place, you are risking your phone.

Now compare that with Salora in Koramangala which is the service center for SONY ERRICSON, the waiting at any given time is only 10-20 people, and the manager sits in frount of the costomers, any compliants go stright to him.

And who says Nokia phones are good,
(dont go by what laymen have been telling you without any techenical understanding, give other brands like Simens and Sony Erricson a try for eg. Sony Erricson Z530i rocks with 9(yes NINE)hours of talktime with all the higher end features)
Nokia on the otherhand overcharges costomers for their fetureless phones.

my suggestion check yourself and compair with other brands before you buy, and please dont be the one to repete like a parrot "Nokia is best"-BULLSHIT!!

Simply Put dont buy their sets, THEY DONT DESERVE YOU!!
"Nokia Care" should be "NOKIA DONT CARE"

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same Nokia Care. Very sucky. My N80 had problems within a month of purchase, gave it to them and it was returned after 3 days. NONE of the problems were rectified. after a few days, returned the handset to them again, another 3 days of wait then I got the mobile back. Upon reaching home I figured the mobile wasnt mine (diff. IMEI), tried to call them, but the phone lines dont work, like mentioned above. After about 5 days, when I was in Ooty, I got a call from an executive, saying that my phone was actually misplaced and I had got the wrong phone. The executive had called from his personal number, and BEGGED me to return the handset or he would get fired. I asked him where my mobile was and he said that he will send it to Nokia right away and get a replacement. He was very scared and was repeatedly asking me to return the phone. I dunno if he lied abt sending the phone to Nokia out of fear of me not returning the "misplaced" phone and eventually getting fired. Got home today, will now goto Nokia care and return this phone. See what happens.

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its really quite sad that an organisation of Nokia's status has chosen to partner with someone as pathtetic as HCL Infinet for service support. I guess it just goes to show that all Nokia is interested is in revenue and once the sale is done, to hell with the hapless customer. 60% market share has resulted in a clear case of product arrogance by Nokia.

I (unfortunately) own a 6270 handset, which has been repeatedly having a problem of a blanking display whenever I slide the upper portion of the phone. In addition to the rude service associates, unprofessional system, hopeless care center in terms of interiors and waiting comfort, late delivery , no response etc that I had experienced during my last visits; on this occasssion after being handed my handset 1 week late it was loaded with a host of passwords that i knew nothing about!! simcard access passowrd, memory card access password, download password!!

Is there any other way we can get back at Nokia?

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nokia Care @ Infantry road ...... .U can fill with any of the best word there..
I also was aksed Rs. 56 initially and they took 10 days to tell me that my nokia 3120 was irrepairable... I don't know whether they do any work there... I think Rs.56 from every customer for doing nothing is enough for them to survive.......

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gave mine six month old Nokia 2300 phone to Nokia Care for repair as issue with outgoing audio, Nokia care called me sfter some time and told, that they will not repair for free as water has entre inside mike, to be honest I am suprise how can mine mobile can get wet, that too at mobile mike only and all other parts are dry,

No doubt they are fooling me, and trying earn money inspite of mobile in the warranty.

I tried to complain to the Nokia Corportation, but found that there is not a single person or mail ID is available to file complaint, this is evident that Nokia is not interested in the after sales service and consumer feedbacks on their product.

Please beaware of Nokia before buying its phone.

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SAME CRAP PROBLEM WITH 6070 HAD TO RUN AROUND IN THE SAME MANNER FOR 20 DAYS WITHOUT THE PROBLEM GETTING RECTIFIED ATLAST THOSE NUT HEADS REPLACED MY HANDSET WHICH WAS BOUGHT IN NOV 2006, BUT EVEN THE NEW HANDSET HAS THE SAME SHIT PROBLEM ( NOT ABLE TO CONNECT TO NOKIA PC SUITE) I AM PLANNING TO TAKE THESE BUGGERS TO CONSUMER COURT I DONT WANT TO TAKE IT LYING DOWN, IF THESE HARAMEE MNC'S THINK THEY CAN TAKE US FOR A RIDE, IT INDEED SHOWS THE CORPORATE CULTURE OF NOKIA, SINCE THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM AM NOT USING ANY CLASSIC LANGUAGE

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even I had a worst experience with Nokia Care Center on Infantry Road. They are worst than any of the small service centers in India. I had a tough time to get back my UNREPIARED handset and it took more than month with 15 to 20 visits. At last I took a cop from the commercial st. Police Station to get back my unrepiared Mobile 7710 which was under warranty. I think we need to sue this guys for a such pathetic service.

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
we are nokia care centre in basavangudi, can you please let us know what the problem with your 7710 model, if possible we will help you out,
Our address:
Nokia CARE CEntre
#183, 2nd floor , poojyaya arcade,opp roti ghar,
Basavangudi, Bangalore- 560004
Ph: 080-65312735
Timings: 9.30 am to 7.00 pm, lunch hr 2pm to 3pm

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

N70: Dubba box!!! attractive cover, old technology, high price, low battery back up, slow interactive response,

Totaly waste..

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nokia repair is a total SCAM. They claim to warranty the phone for a year. Mine stopped working after 2 months for no reason. When I sent it in to them (I paid $8 UPS shipping) they have the gaul to send it back to me saying that it could not be repaired. The single word they wrote on the paper was CORROSION. This was an absolute lie - the phone was brand new - looked brand new - had never been dropped or got wet in any way.
What a bunch of scumbag liars!!

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NOKIA is d most f***king shit consumer electronics company right now in India. Rude, unprofessional & fraud. They don't care a damn about their customers. This MONOPOLY of NOKIA should be broken. Plz stop buying NOKIA products. Go ahead with MOTOROLA, SONY-ERICSSON, SAMSUNG etc.. etc.. They are stupendously innovative. Give them their due honor. Only then these bloody b****rds NOKIA guys can b taught a lesson. They know masses would queue up to NOKIA almost in a hypnotic trance. And that's their effortless key to cheat the gullible public. PLZ try out the other giants. They are brilliant, in some cases MIND-BOGGLING !! To hell with NOKIA ! Enough is enough !!!

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same Nokia Care. Very sucky. My N80 had problems within a month of purchase, gave it to them and it was returned after 3 days. NONE of the problems were rectified. after a few days, returned the handset to them again, another 3 days of wait then I got the mobile back. Upon reaching home I figured the mobile wasnt mine (diff. IMEI), tried to call them, but the phone lines dont work, like mentioned above. After about 5 days, when I was in Ooty, I got a call from an executive, saying that my phone was actually misplaced and I had got the wrong phone. The executive had called from his personal number, and BEGGED me to return the handset or he would get fired. I asked him where my mobile was and he said that he will send it to Nokia right away and get a replacement. He was very scared and was repeatedly asking me to return the phone. I dunno if he lied abt sending the phone to Nokia out of fear of me not returning the "misplaced" phone and eventually getting fired. Got home today, will now goto Nokia care and return this phone. See what happens.
Their reply was:
Three days later my wife had to call back and plead her case again to another agent. Of course the agent said that there was nothing she could do but would get a supervisor on the line.

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI friends,

I want to share my experience with NOKIA cell phones with you and want to ALERT you regarding the drastic drop in it's quality in recent years.

The Nokia that once upon a time was famous for it's quality and thus managed to get a upper hand than other player is now not the same.

Here are my experiences and sure that I am not the only one:


1. I bought a Nokia 6670 and after 1 year it's keypad started giving some problem ,I took it to NOKIA care ( bigest mistake) they told me that there was some problem with keypad and they fixed it and charged me around Rs 300 but after one week same problem came again and after a long struggle they were ready to repair the phone again but again the same thing and after 2 weeks it again had the same problem. I thought that Nokia care center has some problem and took it to different nokia care they charged me Rs 650 and told me that they have fixed the problem but after 1 week the phone again had the same problem and when I took it again they fixed it but again after 2 weeks that phone stopped working after that neither I had time nor money to spend so I decided to buy new phone. But the excellent care of Nokia care didn't stop here please keep reading.

2. I bought a Nokia 2626 and on the first day I found that the display had some problem and the dealer had replaced the phone (again the quality).

3. I got a replaced Nokia 2626 and it worked well for 2 months and after that suddenly one day it stopped working and when I gave it to dealer, after 3 weeks he informed me that it is water damage and said that Nokia is asking rs800 to repair the set but I am 100% sure that the phone never came in contact of water but still I though that set may have come in contact to sweat bc's I can't think of any other reason.
So I collected the set from dealer and gave it to Nokia care myself and after 3 weeks this is the reply that I got

"ELS failed.liquid log on system connector,INTER track MISSING, so not in warranty can't be repair so RWR"

I don't know how without anything the set came to this state and when first time nokia was ready to repair it for 800 how come second time it can’t be repaired. I am sure that now nokia care is full of incapable guys who has no or very minimum knowledge and I can't have more strength to be with nokia and switching to motorola.

In case you have any plan of buying a nokia phone I will suggest you to visit any nokia care shop and you will come to know about the customer’s frustration with the quality.


In case anyone knows about any legal possibility in this case and had such experience please let me know.

BYE BYE nokia and NOKIA CARE you SUCKS.

Naren

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even I agree that N70is a horribleset. I purchasedfrom Hongkong from a reputed Nokia shop but after 3 monthsit started behaving erratically. Thecustomerservicecentre in infantry reaoad and next to coles park is equally worthless.

Till date athey could not rectify the problem and the brand newset is lying dead in my cupboard. Can anyoneguide meto theconsumercourt so that jointlty wecan sue this company.

So many things to write but who caresa damn...Thanks

Prithviraj

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had problem in my handset Nokia 2310 model.PCB board problem ,i am not able to understand without rectifing the problem they have charged Rs150/- plus taxes and other charges extra plus extra charges .they are not clear whether the problem will be rectified or not?straight away they said me to come after 4 days .It is hardly 1year old set ,i think seriously need to think abt future purchase of Nokia mobile.Really nokia care centers are pathetic condition .

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Free Counters