Saturday, March 31, 2007

On Becoming A Father!


Wednesday, 21st March 2007 at 4.00 pm, I became father of a beautiful daughter. She was a little ahead of the schedule. She weighs about 2.5kg and today she is 9 days old. That was an amazing time. As we didnt know the sex of our baby, so it was an added surprise. When she born - I cant express how I was feeling at that moment. Seeing your own child for the first time for real is beautiful. And if that can be considered amazing, the experience that follows, of holding your kid, having to take care of it, it’s all great. When the nurse gave the child into my hand, I felt as if I have got the whole world. There she was, the most beautiful child ever born. She had her eyes wide shut and was sleeping. I was filled with a strange kind of warmth I had never known before. There is a saying that "When you become a parent, it is your biggest chance to grow again". I too am getting ready to grow again, getting ready with a lot of dreams for future..........

4 Comments:

Blogger Creative Ritual!! said...

Once again.. congratulations.. As you said it has to be experienced!!.. its the joy and there comes the creativity. A action rather than a activity. :))

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have not experienced fatherhood but the way you expressed your feelings on becoming father, made me feel so. Congrats Sudhi.

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sudhi!! congratulation.....;-)
The real time is the very moment you spend with the kid, watching how she thinks, how she reacts and how she observes all your movements as well.. so enjoy every year, every month, every week, every day, every hour, every min, rather every second and so on as each an everymoment is going to be so beautiful and surprising with the kid besides you... ALL THE BEST!!! :-)

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey..I'm sure u want to include the first kiss on ur li'l ones forhead wen u had her in ur arms ....any ways Wish u all the best...As Shankar commented enjoy every second with u li'l kid

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Free Counters